We at the Hubbard Foundation believe that prior to undergoing venoplasty you should have the following in place:
1. a doctor you trust especially if they have knowledge of overall health in addition to illness (ie naturopath MD, acupuncturist)
2. a gluten/dairy free diet and eat lots of dark green vegetables.
3. try to get as much nutrients from your fresh, organic foods but use organic supplements when necessary. Find out from your health care provider what supplements may work for you. Here is a link to our supplement list. http://hubbardfoundation.org/CCSVI_supplements.html
4. Incorporate stress reduction techniques into your daily life. Stress increases cortisol which has a negative effect on your endothelium (the lining of your blood vessel walls)
5. Drink lots of water every day. You want to maintain optimum blood volume. To understand how much water you should drink every day, visit the following website http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
6. Have a support system. Having a disease affects the entire family. You need people on whom you can depend. That includes family, friends, religious organizations, groups and clubs.
7. Make sure where ever you decide to get tested/treated they provide access to someone who will respond to your questions.
We all need to “pay it forward”. Share your information whether it’s negative or positive to help others make an informed decision.
The Hubbard Foundation is committed to, not only, advancing CCSVI testing and treatment but finding a biomarker for MS. Our research is the way to understanding and hopefully wiping out this devastating disease. Thank you for your support.